Supply Chain Survival Guide: How to Prepare for an Unpredictable Supply Chain with Gary Ortiz, Global Sourcing Manager of Sonos, Inc.
Welcome to SiliconExpert’s webinar series Supply Chain Survival Guide, where we explore new thoughts, ideas, advice, stories of the past, and predictions of the future. In this series, you’ll learn from experts and industry leaders on how you can overcome the next big challenge in supply chain management, so you can be better equipped to survive and thrive within the dynamics of the modern supply chain.
In this episode, get a glimpse into early predictions of what tomorrow’s supply chain management might look like, and how you can prepare.
Also, Gary Ortiz shares how he reads the supply chain landscape for clues on safely steering home audio powerhouse Sonos, Inc. away from the disruptions of today, and towards a secure future.
In this webinar:
- Secrets behind a heightened sensitivity to know when & how to pivot
- The outlook for the Supply Chain in the years to come
- What’s knowable vs unknowable & why it matters
- Where it’s acceptable to stop educating and make the “guess”
- Purchasing power with suppliers: what’s the importance of this and how to work around low purchasing power
- Sonos, Inc. innovating for the future: how do they do it in this unsteady environment
- How to manage “around” problems, not “through” problems
- How to gain the confidence needed to adapt to any situation
Global Sourcing Manager
Gary is an engineering and MBA-level Operations leader with depth of experience across comprehensive feasibility, electrical/mechanical design, supplier relationships management, negotiations, and material management. He has significant project management expertise, driving strategic initiatives to timely completion while using financial discipline and process optimization.
As the Global Sourcing Manager at Sonos, he is using his 15+ years of technical and leadership experience for Connectivity (including BT, WiFi, UWB), Platforms (CPU, DSP, MC), Sensors (including Microphones, Accelerometers, IMU’s, Environmental), and IC-Controllers supporting the HW and SW organization as well as CM’s through the NPI projects. He leads the Advance Sourcing efforts in support of the Sonos Advance Technology team.
Product Marketing Manager
For over 10 years, Tara has been helping customers understand how to get the most out of the products in their lives. She’s worked with big CPG brands, as well as global developers, to ideate and execute messaging campaigns that bridge the gap between innovation and utilization.